Industry/Solution: Motorized Tap Switches
Generally, a motorized tap changer or tap switch is associated with a Test Transformer. The tap changer switch saves time in the test lab which in turn leads to saving money overall.
Here are the primary Advantages/Benefits to a Tap Switch:
- Accommodates fast tap change operation for test transformer applications/Minimizes test time by eliminating need to “move jumpers”
- Provides a level of safety/Personnel are not exposed to transformer tap connections
- Allows remote operation/Tap changing control can be consolidated or streamlined with other test equipment in test office
- Interlockable/Provides level of safety to assure no-load tap changer is not operated while energized
- Makes field/site location tap adjusting easier for non-technical, non-mechanical personnel/Adds a safety benefit for those working on the transformer who may not be totally familiar with the product