Over the past 60 years, Olsun Electrics has emerged as an independent dry type transformer manufacturer of high quality power and dry type distribution transformers and reactors. We have the unique ability not only to produce standard units but also to design and build dry type transformers to customers’ precise requirements, including replacement units.
Our designs are solutions to many diverse applications, including hazardous locations and can be found worldwide.
We have successfully served OEM accounts since the 1960’s, and brand labeling of Olsun manufactured transformers for leading broad line electrical manufacturers is also an important segment of our business.
Our line of dry type transformers encompasses 16 different product types – all of which can be ordered as low voltage or medium voltage.
LOW VOLTAGE: Up to 600 Volts [.6 kV]
MEDIUM VOLTAGE: 601 to 34,500 Volts [.61 – 34.5 kV]
We can also handle requests between 600 and 2400 Volts as a “Special” Make.
We build all of our dry type transformers to exceed the standards set by NEMA, ANSI, UL and cUL.
- American made
- Designed, manufactured and tested in accordance with the latest and applicable UL, cUL, NEMA, IEEE and ANSI Standards and DOE 2016 efficiency requirements
- Aluminum (standard) or Copper wound coils
- Coil design to minimize short circuit stresses
- High quality grain oriented electrical grade steel cores
- Standard low flux-density core designs
- Easy access NEMA hole pattern terminals
- Easy access tap terminals
- Highest quality UL listed insulation system
- High quality insulating varnish process
- NEMA 1 standard, in-house produced, heavy gauge steel enclosure assemblies
- 8 stage baked on powder coat paint system
- Large wiring compartments
- 100% production testing with certified test reports for each unit
- Core and coil to enclosure noise isolation