Grounding Transformer Request for Quote
To assist you in filling out your Grounding Transformer Request For Quote, we have developed the following “Check List” of the application and system data that will be needed. Please take a brief moment and gather the following (12) basic pieces of information. Once you have gathered everything, it will be much easier and quicker to fill out the form.
- Winding configuration; either Zig Zag or Two Winding.
- Voltage(s) and BIL; The line-to-line value of the system to which the grounding transformer is to be connected. If a two winding grounding transformer is required, the secondary voltage must be provided as well.
- Continuous neutral current.
- System available neutral fault current and duration; example 500 amps for 10 seconds, 4000 amps for 2 seconds.
- Zero Sequence impedance in Ohms per phase.
- Zero Sequence resistance in Ohms per phase.
- X/R ratio; typically a value > 4.0.
- Special application conditions; i.e. 2000 MASL, etc.
- Enclosure construction or NEMA designation preference; i.e. high security compartmentalized padmounted, standard ventilated or substation design, special paint color, etc.
- Terminal connectivity preference; i.e. dead front, live front, conventional terminals, etc.
- Winding material; CU if not specified.
- Transformer temperature rise; 150° C if not specified.