Olsun Electrics, an American custom transformer manufacturer, has been designing and manufacturing transformers for almost 70 years. Our high quality power and distribution dry type transformers can be found around the world—from a mega electronic billboard in Times Square and an offshore oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico to renowned college campuses and luxurious beach resorts. Our transformer designs are solutions for many diverse applications, including hazardous environments.
We are known for our design flexibility as we have the unique ability not only to produce standard American transformers but also to custom design and build transformers to customers’ precise requirements, including replacement units. Whether you need a standard or specialty American transformer with the most sophisticated electrical needs, we have more power options for you.
Olsun produces dry type transformers from 5kVA through 7,500kVA in voltage classes through 34.5kV. We build all of our transformers to exceed the standards set by NEMA, ANSI, UL and cUL. To assure compliance with applicable standards as well as with any special requirements of our customers we test all transformers several times during the manufacturing process.
Our people, from management and engineering through manufacturing personnel, have a long tradition of experience in designing and manufacturing quality products. Olsun is still family run and employs individual craftsmen and women to make our products in their entirety. Together, our team crafts the most reliable products in the industry.
On October 28, 2019 Olsun Electrics Corporation successfully met WBENC’s standards as a Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) and was awarded National Women’s Business Enterprise Certification. The national certification came from the Women’s Business Development Center – Midwest, a certifying partner of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). Certification involved a meticulous process including an in-depth review of the business and site inspection. It is designed to confirm the business is at least 51% owned, operated and controlled by a woman or women.
The Trusted Choice
- One of the most trusted names in the industry built upon decades of experience.
- Solutions custom designed for value when an off the shelf transformer just won’t do.
- At the core of our brand, there’s exceptional hand craftsmanship and quality.
- Manufactured in the USA.
The Reliable Choice
- Designed to exceed the highest safety standards-nationally & internationally.
- Designed, manufactured and tested to NEMA/ANSI and IEEE standards. Designed and manufactured to meet applicable IEC, ABS and DNV standards.
- NEMA/ANSI and IEEE design and test standards, IEC standards, ABS and DNV.
- We offer products bearing UL/cUL marks.
- 100% tested and inspected to NEMA ST-20 and ANSI C57.12.01 and C57.12.91 standards.
- Ratio, polarity and phase relation, no-load losses and excitation current, as well as applied & induced voltage dielectric tests.
- Insulation resistance (Megger) testing available.
- Option for audible sound level testing on specific designs available.
Our corporate headquarters in Richmond, Illinois features a total of 86,000 square feet. The facility has thirty five foot tall walls that house six cranes, ranging from two to twenty tons and an interior depressed truck dock that gives us a shipping/receiving area free from poor weather conditions.