Back in September 2017, Hurricane Irma destroyed Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, located off the fabled Florida Keys coastline and so remote it’s only accessible by sea plane or boat. They are still in the process of a total transformation and rebuild—a project expected to be completed in January of 2020.
Olsun Electrics has custom designed and manufactured a 750kVA NEMA 3R Stainless Steel 316 Medium Voltage Substation Dry Type Transformer for the resort.
- Power: 750 kVA, Single Phase
- Primary Volt: 7970
- Secondary Volt: 240/120
- Copper Wound, VPI Coils
Other Recent Projects
- MV Compact Substations Help Kick Off Football Stadium Renovation
- MV Extra Heavy Duty Traction Cast Coil Transformers for Light Rail
- 38kV Load Interrupter Switches for New Flat Steel Complex
- Pad Mounted Cast Coil Transformer for University Campus Building
- Medium Voltage (MV) Substations for Ship-to-Shore Cranes
- Medium Voltage (MV) Substations to Power Electric Vehicle [EV] Fast Charging Stations
- Pad Mounted Transformers to Power Airport Runway Lighting
- Substation Transformers Manufactured for Coal-Fired Power Plant